Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Gas Man and New Blogs

Remember my gas station guy, Tariq? Well, I spent some unexpected time with him last week. I ran in for a quick coffee and gatorade and he gets started. Man, everytime we talk - I sweat so much I need to go back home and take a shower. He initiated a conversation with me dealing with humanity's motivations for benevolence. He wants to do good for the sake of future generations. I asked him why he cared about future generations, and he went into this deep explanation of the head and heart, and his mother. He's really into what he believes...although, I think he has made up most of what he believes...so I guess he's really into himself in a way...anyways, in a/b an hour of conversation, we got as far as willingness to communicate and caring "without expectations" is a definite common ground for us. (Though I believe he either thinks me slightly foolish, or he is just good @ making me feel slightly foolish. - some people have a real talent in leading conversation in a way that makes one feel slightly foolish - I won't name names, I'll just say that one guy like this "is my pick-a-da-week"...and another has scary eyes and spent 30 years in law enforcement.)

Well, Tariq and I are still compadres, but man this guy wears me out...all he wants to do is have challenging conversation...no small talk @ the Tigermart...so be praying that I let God do His work (and that my Old Spice deoderant works).


Here's some new blogs for you:
Lex
John
Steve

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

I need to go back and read your whole blog. I don't know much about Tariq yet. Having said that, I find that just about anyone who is willing to have deep conversations is starving to find someone out there who will do the same. I imagine that Tariq is simply impressed that you have thoughts beyond those of "Dude, I love Hostess cupcakes," from time to time, and he'd like to jump at the opportunity to converse.

So hang in there!

That's why I love this blog thing. I get to talk to people about stuff that matters...and I don't even have to go to the Tigermart!

6/29/2005 10:45 AM

 
Blogger kab_live said...

Bez- Actually, I started and ended with: "Dude, I love Hostess cupcakes!"

6/29/2005 11:29 AM

 
Blogger kab_live said...

Gatorade and Coffee: The ultimate subsitute for Red Bull

6/29/2005 12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home