Saturday, May 21, 2005

Sad, Sad, Saturday

Well, last night I drowned my sorrows in peanut butter and honey...and let me tell you-2 bowls of peanut butter DOES NOT make the pain go away...you just get full.

The Dallas Mavericks fought hard last night...although some of them (Dirk and Finley) did not necessarily fight well, just hard - regardless, the outcome: it is now time to retire my Mavs jersey for the off-season. Game 6 can definintley be described as "entertaining". I may have actually stopped breathing for a few minutes of the overtime (I still feel a little dizzy). This was of course, great first-time playoff experience for Terry and more experince for Howard (who has a great career ahead of him). Maybe if (this hurts me to so it), maybe if we find a new solution for Finley and maybe if Dirk can grow his mojo (his hair) back- we will be a better team next year. But for a team that went through injuries, new poin, new center, and a mid-season coaching change--not too bad. Avery said last night, that if the Mavs didn't take a title in the next couple of years that the Mavs should find a coach who will win them a title--he is preety determined that Dallas goes all the way...and personally, I think he could be the guy to @ least get us there.

And, now...I pick the Suns over the Spurs...and then on to the obvious Miami Heat in the Finals. I will pull out my old Dan Marjle jersey and my Steve Nash gear and watch them take the title.

Don't forget to look @ my last post...and shout out your comment on the trade options listed! Oh, and what do you propose we do with Finley?

3 Comments:

Blogger kab_live said...

Whoa-I never called you a tool for being a spurs fan! There is no need for hatin'

The Suns are a much more exciting team to watch - I'd like to keep watching them play - So, I pick the Suns. Besides, an offense can beat a defense when their energy just doesn't quit.

I'm don't dislike Finley; actually, I've always liked him...I just think he's is past his prime and not doing a lot with his leadership, so to win...we must move on. I would love to see him step it back up and have a great next season...but I'm not going to risk my money on those chances. (Finley-prove me wrong).

The way I see it-the Heat belongs to Dwane Wade. Shaq is very important-but you build your team around Wade. The Pistons are good primarily b/c of good coaching. Yes, there are decent players, but when you look back into this season-when Brown was out, the Pistons lost, when he came back-they won.

We'll see.

5/23/2005 10:38 AM

 
Blogger kab_live said...

considering that we know each other's salaries, I would advise against any wagers on my own, and your part.

fool.

5/23/2005 2:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn, Kevin just needs something useless to cheer for so that is why he is going for the suns. I mean, look at who he cheered for all year. All my love kev, but brother, the suns?

5/23/2005 7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home