Thursday, June 16, 2005

Back from the AZ...and more.

First day really back...about lunch time...when is nap time? I'll sleep this weekend.

It took 21 hours to get from Midlothian, TX to Eloy, AZ. (Including the bus driver's frequently smoke breaks!) We left @ 8am (dallas) on Saturday, June 4th and arrived in Eloy @ 3am (5am dallas) {from now on, we will speak in Eloy time}. After dropping of my groups in their respective 'homes' for the trip, me and my boys (Geoff, Cody, and Hunter) crashed on the church floor for a/b 3 hours before waking up to go take showers @ the local truck stop. I had been dreading this truck stop shower experience (being a truck stop shower virgin)...but actually found it to be a decent experince. You get a key to a private (and very clean) bathroom that includes a shower, a sink, toilet, and a bench. BUT, that is the last time I pay $9 for a 5 minute shower!

After cleaning up, I headed to the church to set up sound and prepare for Sunday morning worship and bible study. I taught about love and evangelism and encouraged the local cuhrch members to participate with us in our efforts to assist their ministry in Eloy. My regular youth praise team couldn't not all make the trip, so we put together a small group for the trip. I had to get over my fear of singing, as did a couple of the girls...but, all went extremely well. The church knew mostly hymns, so we worked with some incredible hymns of rich truth...which was great for my students to experience. It was surprising that some of my group had never even heard 'How Great You Are (Thou Art)'. After the service, we had a terrific lunch that boosted our weary spirits from the previous day's travel-and then I sent my group to their homes for naps, while I prepared everything for the evening's service. That night we gathered to prepare our hearts and energies to be used by God. It was an inspiring time of testimony and reflection on God.


I'll post more later...and brieviate the trip. There are some encouraging stories of God's power and the love of His people...as well as a couple of interesting experience stories...I'll try to keep it all short...seeya then.


The Bus and Getting Fed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home