Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Okay, these are the things I need to accomplish today:
-hanging out in Arlington with the Crosspoint gang
-good conversation with an old friend
-catching up
-dreams taken seriously
-lost microphone and stand
-Paige Elizabeth Parker

Things have been busy. Busy...And good.

Last Monday and Tuesday, I was able to spend my time with my friends from Crosspoint. My excuse for being in Arlington, was working for Horizon Resources, but I was really there for good conversation and a few laughs...And of course, I was supplied heavily with both.

Tuesday night, Chris and I headed back to Midlo to lead worship for a group of miscellaneous 20-somethings. I love worshipping with that group! After we finished up, I had a great conversation with an old friend. I've known Chris Merritt since the days of wall-ball on the outside wall of the HRBC gymnasium before going to RA's. Together, we've been through children's choir, RA racer-derby's, VBS, youth camp, youth praise team and ministry teams, DHS, Kerygma (the band), PDBC, Logsdon, we've lived together, been in each other's weddings, and started a church together, but we've never had many deep theological conversations. I suppose I thought we were in similar, but different places on some things, but discovered that we are much more closely aligned in ways that surprised me. Beyond the simple enjoyment of common thought, I enjoyed talking with my friend Chris - thanks dude!

I've been trying to catch up @ work ever since Conclave in Arlington. Student Leaders Weekend is this weekend. This is a major experience in the life of our student ministry. The next big thing is DNow...in November. If anyone knows Jeff Mangum...stand with me know, and let's call him out publicly - JEFF MANGUM, CALL ME BACK!!

On Thursday of last week, I had the opportunity to have lunch with someone who wants to see my dreams come true, and is in a position to help that process. It feels great to recieve the affirmation of my dreams by being taken seriously. God, lead the way!

Walt, Brandi, and Jerry - I left my microphone and mic stand under the tv table in the booth @ Conclave. Did anyone grab it? Can I get it back? Please?

Friday of last we I was somebody's baby's daddy, for the day. I babysat Paige Elizabeth Parker, Greg and Joy's 2 1/2 month year old girl, from 6:45a to about 8p. I took her to work with me, and to lunch, and had a blast! She was really good on Friday...you know, eat, sleep, poop.

I guess that's it for now.
peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger brandi said...

uhh, i'll check on that microphone and stand.

10/24/2005 4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home