Thursday, September 01, 2005

an out of season FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!

That's right, I now believe that there can be a festivus for the rest of us, b/c I have personally experienced a festivus miracle!

I finally got around to opening the package containing my dead iPod...tried it out...and it still did not work. So, I laxidasically tossed it onto my desk (a little harder than I had meant) and planned on taking it home to dissect. When I got home, I thought (just for kicks) that I would plug it in to the computer. .:Now remember that before sending it off for supposed repair, it would not connect, nor charge, nor reset, nor any other powered activity:. I plugged it in and immediately the screen lit up and the "Do not disconnect" sign appeared, as well as the charging icon. IT WORKS! It's like nothing was ever wrong with it. This truly is a festivus miracle! Thank you for your well wishes and considerations...I'm sure they played a part.

Unfortunately the monetary support that so many of you sent has been spent on beef jerky, Big Red, and licorish.


peace

4 Comments:

Blogger kab_live said...

in the immortal words of David Johnson and the Reverend Piles, "Dually Noted" on the Lazarus remark

9/01/2005 12:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's amazing!

Hey, I really wish my 20GB had a color display. Hold on, I'm gonna go throw it against the wall of my shower.

9/01/2005 8:52 PM

 
Blogger kab_live said...

Walt- I wish you the best of luck in the color display issue...and no worries - a fluke fixed my iPod, not the warranty that I paid for. deadipod.blogspot.com will stay active and I will continue to be an advocate for all those who have suffered loss.

9/02/2005 12:24 PM

 
Blogger brog said...

I don't believe you, can you send it to me in the mail? I need proof!

9/02/2005 12:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home