Thursday, August 25, 2005

You can mail your gift of support to:

Kevin Boyd New iPod Fund
Longbranch Community
200 Longbranch Rd.
Midlothian, TX 76065

Yes, it has happened. I recieved an email from Apple:

Dear Apple Customer,
The repair of your iPod Mini has been placed on hold at the Apple repair center due to damages related to damaged casing.
The repair is pending your approval of the following quote for repair costs: $255.95 + tax.


There were 2 small dents on the corners. The denting occurred several months ago and the iPod has worked fine until recently. I told the customer support representative about the dents when I intitially called in for repair almost 2 weeks ago...he told me to purchase the AppleCare warranty and to send my pod in to have it fixed. Now they tell me that the dents negate the warranty.

So I called Apple's service department today to remind them that the dents had nothing to do with the pod dying and that I mentioned the dents even before purchasing AppleCare. The representative kindly re-emphasized that the warranty was not valid due to the dents in the casing. I foolishly asked if I could be reimbursed the cost of the wasted AppleCare...his reply: no. "So, pretty much...I wasted my $60 for AppleCare." "It would seem so," he said. "Wonderful," I replied. "Have an Apple-riffic Day!" he answered. (Really, he said "have a nice day...but I heard Apple-riffic.)

My iPod mini is being sent home...unrepaired. I could buy a new one for less than what they are charging to fix it, not to mention the cost of the warranty. Besides, where am I going to get the dough? And so, after eight months of constant companionship, I will attempt to live a feeble life filled with mixed tapes and CDs, recorded from the many downloads that were intended for Lucy the Silver iPod. (I named her Lucy in memorial.) No more cool white earbuds streaming out of my pocket. No more "On the Go" playlists for personal or ministry activities. No more of my favorite bands, always @ my fingertips. .: "...A piece of me died that day..." -a quote I heard once; I don't know where or in what context, but it seems appropriate :.

My name is Kevin.
I'm an iPod-aholic.
I have been sober for 12 days.

1 Comments:

Blogger geoff payne said...

I would sign up for the free iPod deal, and I would support you, but I believe Chris is right. You should go to i A. iPod-aholics Anonymous. They really can help you.

8/25/2005 10:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home