Monday, August 29, 2005

It's going to be a good day - the glass is half-full.

Today is the first day back in school for Midlothian kids. That means that all of my students get back to business (and so can I), Lindsey will be meeting 20 new kindergarteners today, and we are now back on a 6:00am wakeup call! Now, considering that I am, and always will be a night person, this would seem miserable. But I have created a morning schedule that invigorating for me. The start of a day that allows me to do many of the things that I enjoy, all before I have to get busy. This morninig, I woke up, fixed Lindsey some breakfast, started my coffee, and sat down to catch up with Creflo Dollar. I had begun to watch his morning program last school year, but never caught it during the summer. I am a crazy preacher junkie. This is not b/c of any book that I might be currently reading - I have been this way for a long time. Sometimes, I tune in, hoping for something good to come out of their mouths to their media masses; sometimes I watch/listen for pure entertainment. They are fascinating to me. So many scare-tactic messages; so many feel-good messages; and then there is Creflo Dollar. This dude can definintly be included in crazy-preacher categories b/c of the energy and passion that causes his dancing and yelling...But, watching @ 6:30am in my dark living room - I can't help but share in a little of his excitement. This morning his message was on confidence in God. He alluded to getting beat up in a high school fight and how that is not considered a good fight. Then he talked about 'the good fight' that christians fight against satan. He asked the congregation if anyone had ever gotten into a fight that they knew they would win (even before the fight). What kind of confidence did they have gping into a fight like that? He then did some fancy footwork that Apollo Creed would have been proud of, and talked about playing around with his enemy, with the confidence that he knew he'd win. Although I am doing a pretty poor job of re-telling his message - it was in its detail and delivery, no doubt, a great start to my day. Now, it is time for more coffee, Good Morning America, a chapter from my current book, and off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home