Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Finley a Spur!?!

It has happened...Confirmation, Finley signed with the San Antonio Spurs for $2.5mill. He turned down something like $5mill from the Heat. All I think of is that he wants to prove to Dallas that he can still do damage...and what better way than to stay close. I know that I was down on Finley most of last season - but I do believe that he still has the skill and now the motivation to show Dallas what he is made of. I think he will be an excellent 6th or 7th man (he would have filled that role well for the Mavs).

I am now curious to see what is in store for the S.A. roster. Manu, Finley, Van Exel, Barry, and the rest make for a very crowded back court. Tru?

holla

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not worried about the crowdedness. I think Finley and NVE may be at the point that they appreciate resting time almost as much as playing time in the reg. season (kinda like Big Shot Bob). And I'm confident in Pop's ability to manage personalities. I don't think he'd hesitate to say "you're not Timmy, shut up or pack up!"

8/31/2005 8:58 PM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

What size do the Spurs need up front? In addition to Duncan, Mohammed and Horry that were mentioned, they still have Nesterovic, and they picked up Oberto. As long as Finley can play the SF role, or even Barry, the Spurs are fine.

8/31/2005 9:31 PM

 
Blogger kab_live said...

Finley as SF or Finley as SG?

Walt-I really don't think Finley wants any kind of rest time. Nick might (I don't think he'd ever admit it). Both are in that stage where they still have some skills, but are getting older and don't want to admit that their game has leveled (Finley) or has started the decline (NVE, possibly Fin)

9/01/2005 10:33 AM

 
Blogger kab_live said...

stephen - welcome

9/01/2005 10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home