Saturday, September 03, 2005

A couple of things

First, I must apologize for delayed commentary...I feel that I may have ruined the effect that could have been with instant commentary. I may have found the new hot TV show for this season. Did you get to see Prison Break on thursday night? They did (2) 1-hour episodes. I am WAY impressed. The cinematography is excellent...the drama that the set, the costuming, the coloring, not to mention the acting, is thrilling and engaging. To catch you up in case you missed the first two episodes: This dude's brother is put in jail for killing the Vice President's brother. He maintains his innocence...so "dude" who is this genius, talented structural design guru gets himself put into jail to rescue his brother from death row. It's great--check it out on the 5th, 6th, and then again on like the 8th or 9th.

Second, I just recieved a phone call from a man on the board @ Manna House, Midlothian. The Manna House is the totally nonpartisan social action group for Midlothian, and the greater Ellis County. Dallas County has asked Ellis County to take in 1000 evacuees from NO. Ellis CO. refused the request...and then after further negotiations, agreed to take in 500. Towns such as Red Oak took in like 15 people...pitiful. Midlothian has now agreed to take in 250 people. They will stay @ Camp Hoblitzelle, some of you are familiar with the campus on the edge of Midlo.

I was invited by this Manna House man, to a meeting on this Wednesday morning for community leaders, to organize and prepare for the arrival of the people from NO. I cannot begin to express how humbled I feel to be invited...and how excited I feel to be able to serve first hand.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am humbled for you. awesome man.

9/05/2005 10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home