Saturday, March 19, 2005

They saw and looked...part 2

:They looked and saw that the pond that they were swimming in was an ocean.:


Okay, once I saw yesterday's post really up, I realized how much I sound like a nerd...but I am not (a nerd). What's more, I have never been. I have been a dork, a jerk, and occasionally weird, but never a nerd. But, think on this:

Charles Darwin was studying biology. He thought that the smallest organism was what you could see in a microscope.

During the "Atomic Age", they looked again, and saw that the pond that they were swimming in was an ocean. Life is a little more complex than our surest concepts.

Here's another one: Stephen Hawking, who I know best as the guy in the wheelchair on the episode of The Simpsons where Lisa joins the genius association, seriously (but theoretically) tinks time travel is possible. (This guy is known as the most genius of all the geniuses in all of genius land.) :Here's an interesting fact: there actually is a neutron (or something)...some kind of particle that is actually moving backwards in time!


God's creation is more complex than we can ever understand. The more I learn, the less I realize I know. I love the last chapter in Brian McLaren's book, A Generous Orthodoxy. It is called "Why I am Unfinished". I am so unfinished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home